"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Saturday, June 8, 2024

We had ourselves a little adventure.....

We headed out to visit our youngest son by flying over snowcapped mountains and through fluffy clouds

We were offered very nice meals during our flight
Soon we were back on the ground and we found ourselves surrounded with flowers in  gardens,
flowers by buildings,
flowers on almost every street pole, along with flowers on the very busy freeway and roadside.
I could not take good photos of the freeway flowers or roadside blossoms because traffic was very much in a hurry.
There were mountain tops to look over the city and to look out over  the Cascade mountains.
Have you guessed where we have been?
There were wonderful markets filled with wonderful things and the offering of coffee was everywhere we turned
A robot named Jarvis......yes.....a robot........made me this wonderful latte. It tasted so good!
The most enchanting places of all......were the forests and 
waterfalls. I could have stayed among these areas forever!
Many of the trees were covered in a coating of soft moss
and other growth.
Did I mention waterfalls.....??......
and flowers??😊
The weather was rainy.......a gentle rain where we could walk with umbrellas and still enjoy the sites......the temperature was in the 60s and low 70s.  We wore jackets on some days.
There was so much for us to see......in the city.......outside of the city.........and above the city!

and then........there was the beach......a long stretch of magical sand and the Pacific ocean.
Yes, if you have guessed , we visited the Pacific Northwest.  
Time sped by so quickly and in a blink of an eye, we were saying goodbye to our son and  we were back on the plane, taking one last glance at Mount. Hood
As  Mount Saint Helens disappeared into the distance and we were once again in the clouds, 
my heart was already longing to be back among the trees, flowers, and waterfalls. 
We were welcomed home with a gust of 106 degree wind that blew through the west Texas airport doors. Now we are back to our normal quiet pace of life with so many wonderful memories to look back on. It was wonderful to get away and to see one of our children......and it is also great to be back home.  As one of my favorite authors once said........

I would be willing to go around the world
if I came back in time to light the candles
and set the table for supper.
Gladys Taber

So tell me........have you been on any adventure lately??.......or do you have one planned soon??
I would love to hear!











































15 comments:

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How exciting! And what wonderful scenery. I am so glad you got to see your son. And shocked at the nice meal on the plane. I thought they had stopped doing that.
And yes, welcome back to Texas and the blistering heat!

Granny Marigold said...

No adventures here but yours sounds delightful. B.C.shares a lot of the Pacific Northwest's climate and it's great. Today we hit 30C for the first time this season. Everything has been waiting for sunshine and now is trying to catch up.
I have yet to experience anything made for me by a robot. What a world we live in 💗.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a wonderful trip, Kathleen, and so enjoyed seeing many if the sights you saw. We went tk Oregon a few years ago and enjiyed our visit there as well, especially the weather as you noted. That was a great view of the snow on Mt Hood and such a cintrast to the heat now in TX.

Julia said...

What beautiful flowers. The delicate beauty takes my breath away. I never had such a beautiful meal on a plane. That looks so good.
I'm glad that you enjoyed visiting your son in the North Pacific. As glamorous as the big cities are, it's always good to be back home living at a slower pace.
Thanks for leaving a nice comment on my blog. Take care.
Hugs, Julia

Nancy J said...

Our Grandson is moving to B. C. , Vancouver, has a job there, but I think with our age and health the travel from NZ, a 12 hour non stop flight would be a massive ask. Love your photos, those flowers, the greenery, what a wonderful trip for you, and home is always so welcoming no matter how great the trip was.

Marie Smith said...

Such a beautiful part of the planet! And family too. Heaven really! Hope you can stay cool at home!

We Two Travellers Living the Life said...

What a fun trip/visit. It's really a beautiful and unique environment out there. Your memories should help you make it through the hot season there in TX. We bailed on FL in favor of COLO for the summer and are enjoying the beauty around here! Peonies and lilac, 2 of my fav's.

Rose said...

Sadly no adventures for me...and none planned. But I would have loved to be where you were. I would love to visit the Pacific Northwest. There is a blog Out of His Minds Eye and he posts so many pics from that area that I just love.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Oh wow, what great pictures! It looks like you had a great time, good for you! 106 degree wind? Oh my - that's just too hot for me, it's been like fall here, temps in the 60's which is crazy for June. Thanks for sharing the photos and taking us along...it all looks beautiful.

Prims By The Water said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip. Love the waterfalls. We have some in the upper part of our state. Have never seen the western mountains and from your pics they are so majestic. Janice

Bonnie K said...

Our next adventure is Bemidji, Minnesota. It was funny I was halfway through your pictures and was thinking where is this? Did she mention it? Then you said you guessed it... I didn't feel so bad. What a fun adventure.

Barwitzki said...

Beautiful photos. I would particularly like the forests and waterfalls and the wonderful coffee... and the beach...
And the flight above and in the clouds. So beautiful.
I hope you have the opportunity to visit your son again soon. One of the best things in life - being with your children.
We had a family celebration in the garden at the weekend in beautiful weather. YES :-)))
Hug

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Oh, my, what an awesome trip! The snow-capped mountains are beautiful and what gorgeous flowers. Love the waterfalls. So glad you had a wonderful trip.

Vivian said...

The photos are breath taking and speak volumes. I am so happy you and Mark had such a wonderful, special time with Joseph. I will choose to imagine an adventure each day here at home with the several special places I can sneak away too. ") In Joy

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Looks like a wonderful trip. I love the photos and the quote. Every time I travel, it makes me appreciate getting back home that much more!