"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

We have been fortunate to have

 

much needed rain.  For those who have asked if we have been part of the terrible flooding in Texas, no and thank you for your good wishes. 

This is the time of year when the cactus flower is in full bloom
The blossoms are truly beautiful

The rain has been good to keep the cement water troughs I have made over the years full for the wildlife to get a drink. 

The wild bushes that grow here on the acreage, many with thorns, are heavy with wild berries
from blue,

 To reddish brown,

and then some just have pretty blossoms. These are just a few of the many that  grow here, wild, every year. And every year I am in awe to see them in their beauty.

To cap off all of this beauty at the end of the day is a wonderful, vibrant , sunset.
I hope this finds that you are having pleasant and calm weather as these spring days go quickly by!
Here's wishing you a very happy Mother's day!


 



10 comments:

Julia said...

Wow, the cactus blossoms are beautiful but those prickly thorns make me a little uncomfortable. I'm glad that you're getting some rain.

I've seen the flooding in Texas and some rescues of people who needed to evacuatetheir homes. I'm glad that you're ok but i feeel bad for those who had to leave their home.

Wishing you, God's blessings.
Hugs, Julia

Catherine said...

The cactus are beautiful ! My son had flooding in Dubai too which is very unusual like in Texas I presume.
Here we also have a lot of flooding and continuous rain. Your sunset is beautiful.
I wish you a nice day and Mother’s Day.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Oh it looks like the sky is on fire...beautiful! Are the berries edible? Such fun to see the different flowers/plants than we have here.

Marie Smith said...

Oh the cactus! I have never seen it in bloom. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Kathleen, thanks for the update and glad that you had some rain but not torrential downpours as I've read about in other parts of TX. Those cactus blooms are lovely and numerous! At first, I thought the berries were blueberries until you showed them turning red. Are they edible by animals? The sunset is beautiful !

Barwitzki said...

The beauty after the rain... everything regains its strength.
The cactus flowers are wonderful. How nice that you built little vats out of stones in which the water lasts longer.
What a wonderful sunset. Beautiful photos. Thank you. I am fascinated by the sea of ​​cacti.
I'm out and about in the forest a lot now, the delicate green of the trees, the colors of the wildflowers and the singing of the birds are a joy.
Tomorrow is Father's Day and Sunday is Mother's Day here.
I wish you a wonderful Mother's Day too.
Many greetings from Viola.

Granny Marigold said...

I am always amazed when I see the gorgeous blooms on the cactuses (and those thorns! To be avoided at all costs).
I'm glad you're getting enough rain but no flooding.
Beautiful sunset 💗.
Happy Mother's Day to you too.

Rose said...

I always think that the blooms of cacti are amazing...they have some of the most beautiful blooms.

That last shot is gorgeous!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I have never seen so many cacti in bloom. They are truly beautiful! And those wild berries are very pretty, too. I wonder if they are edible.
We've had a lot of rain here, but no flooding, thank God! My vegetable garden is lush, but more with zinnias than veggies! LOL!

Leigh said...

What beautiful photos. It's like the earth is rejoicing for the rain. :)