"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Everything lovely is springing up!

 


It has been a lovely rainy day today and we have been getting much needed rain off and on these past few weeks. With this heaven sent moisture, the acres are dotted with color from the many variety of wildflowers.  There is a sweet fragrance on the April breeze that blows across the wild fields. 

 

From the white ox eyed daisy,
the red Indian blanket, and purple prairie aster,
to the many varieties of yellow and orange daisy, the ground 
floor is covered. 
The woods holds it's own beauty with the red berries of the turkey pear
cactus
and the conifer bush. 
one of my very favorite of yellow daisy that grows here is called 
Thymophylla tenuiloba (Dahlberg Daisy)
It has very tiny, vibrant, yellow daisies and dark green fringe type leaves

I dug up a clump and planted them in a terra cotta pot.
There is a container of purple prairie aster behind this.  They 
make this one spot in the garden......cheery! 
I am not a big television watcher but I do like to watch a movie
now and then.  I just watched the movie .....(link below)
Don't let the title mislead you........it is not a dark movie. 
It is based on a true story of a man who searches for new and rare breeds of
butterflies.  There is a little humor and a bit of sadness in this film.
I enjoyed watching it. I hope this finds that  you are enjoying pretty 
springtime days.  Tell me, what is springing up in your back yard?
I would love to hear!






 













16 comments:

Nancy J said...

I have deep orangy red Nerines, the beautiful pale pink Naked Ladies, aka Amaryllis Belladonna, the bluebells have shoots, and the purple salvia bush is thriving in a sheltered spot. You will be so happy to see those golden flowers and the others too. Spring is a glorious time of unfolding.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Oh look at all that spring color! So pretty. Nothing here yet but daffodils - we’ve had odd weather - rain, snow, hail, sun - not sure what Mother Nature is up to! All of your flowers look terrific - thanks for sharing some cheery color with us!

Catherine said...

Nice spring flowers. Here we have tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and lilac blooming at the moment all beautiful Spring flowers!

Leigh said...

So much lovely color! Isn't it a treat after winter's brown and gray? Our fruit trees are blooming, and I'm thrilled with that.

Thank you for the movie recommendation! I always love to hear what others like.

Granny Marigold said...

You have so many different wildflowers already blooming!! I like the Dainty Iole with its sweet little yellow flowers.I tried looking it up but all google would give me is a butterfly with the same name.
I will look for that movie. It sounds like one I would enjoy. Thanks for mentioning it.
Tulips are just starting to open here. Also Hyacinths and rock cress. We haven't really had many sunny days so far so it seems that things are later than usual this year.
Have a good rest-of-the-week💗

Marie Smith said...

The shots of colour are so lovely. We have none yet.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Kathleen, it's always great to see the colors springing up in your yard, but alas I have none to share since as you know, we no longer have a garden or yard. Unfortunately, there is not much in bloom around the city now, but hopefully in a couple of weeks some colors and buds will be showing up.

Julia said...

You have lots of lovely wildflowers. Nothing blooming yet in my yard but today, I saw lots of short yellow flowers by the side of the road. I'm glad that you're getting rain.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Granny Marigold, so glad you brought the name to my attention. I am sorry, I put down the wrong name! I have since corrected it......
it is called
Thymophylla tenuiloba (Dahlberg Daisy)
I am messaging you with the link. blessings, Kathleen

Barwitzki said...

It's so wonderful how nature wakes up after a refreshing rain... I really like wildflowers.
Thank you for your beautiful photos.
Here the daisies bloom and the dandelions shine in the meadows with their wonderful yellow.
The white wood anemone appears in the forest and the purple of the small wood violet... it is wonderful.
Many greetings to you.
Enjoy.
Hug from Viola

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Your photos are beautiful and I love seeing your blooms. My description of our desert blooms (Joshua Tree area) is "diversity over quantity." Not big superblooms, but I'm seeing stuff bloom this year that I've never seen bloom before!

Prims By The Water said...

Such pretty Spring flowers. Ours are just starting to bloom. Janice

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Your wildflowers are beautiful. I love all the photos. Spring is a lovely time in your part of the country.

Mary D. said...

We have no wild flowers except for weeds that the gardener attacked with weed killer. I’d almost forgotten that wild flowers exist until I saw your post. Thank you for sharing.

Mary D. said...

We have only weeds for wild flowers. Thank you for sharing.