"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Returning


Last year, I planted a young wisteria vine. It leafed out beautifully and then when winter came, it went away to it's deep sleep. As the other flowers have awakened, I have watched and waited for this vine to come back. I just about gave up hope, and today, I noticed the green leaves bursting in small clusters. I was so glad to see it again! At this time, this is how my life seems to be. A beautiful flower that once grew here and once so close to me, decided to pull up it's roots and has gone away, so suddenly, without reason or warning. This happened a few weeks ago and I have been struggling with it since. How I miss it and desperately want it back. No matter how much I have tried to bring it back and to replant it, it wants to be in other gardens. All my friends tell me that in time, it will come back. So for now, all I can do is watch and wait and hope that our road will soon bring it back home to where it's roots belong. Sorry about this, I don't mean for this blog to be this personal. Sometimes, writing is a way for me to vent.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, Bless your heart, honey. I am praying that God will make a way and that everything will work out.

LindaSue said...

What good is having a group of internet friends if we can't share in the hardtimes as well as the greenhouses! Don't know (don't need to) the details of your situation but missing a special flower aches a lot. I try to remember - that is how our Heavenly Father feels when we are far from Him. Bless you gal - we'll be praying for the best outcome.

Jen's Farmily said...

I find meanings of life in flowers and animals too. Like the flower that's poking through the weeds, we all find our way... with a little help.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Thank you all... you are all so sweet. I appreciate your prayers and your thoughts. I know that this is a test of my faith at this time. blessings to all of you. Kathleen