"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Monday, March 3, 2008

Onions and fried green tomatoes


The daffodil and tulips are waking up and showing off their beauty. Spring is almost here and I am looking forward to it. I spent this past week, tilling the garden spots for my vegetables I want to plant. I love the smell of fresh ground being broken up. All I have in the ground are sweet onion and garlic. They can take harsh winter elements... as we are supposed to get snow today. I bought tomato plants and will plant them when the weather gets warmer. There is nothing better to me than cornbread and beans with fried green tomatoes and fresh garden onions! I was raised on country cooking and my mom was and still is the best cook ever. I have been so blessed!

2 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

That is the best meal in the world! Your photos really captures the essence of the coming spring. Simply lovely.

Jen's Farmily said...

You had me from 'fried green tomatoes'. I had never had them until my boyfriend and I started dating and I got totally hooked. And I don't usually like onions, but after eating onions from a garden, I was hooked!!