"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

We went on a little get away......

 

a small road trip to Fredericksburg,  TX. 
We walked around for a few hours at the trade days looking at 
so many wonderful things.

and then.......we visited a place I have longed to visit for many years........
where zinnia gardens grew in acre after acre.
in every color imaginable........I felt I had died and gone to heaven.
I'm talking about Wildseed Farms in Fredericksburg.
I order my seeds from them every year and am so delighted I finally got
to visit them.  They have more than zinnia seed.......they have all of the native wildflower 
seed that grows in TX and pretty much everywhere else, along with bluebonnet and cosmos.
It was a wonderful.....quick getaway.  Just a couple of days filled with 
lovely countryside views.  
Here at home, the moonflower is in heavy bloom
and the chrysanthemum is showing off it's autumn colors.
These October days are pleasant and most welcomed.  I want them to 
stay around for more than 31 days.
Tell me.......what is growing or blooming in your area?  
I would love to hear!











 




No comments: