"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Monday, August 26, 2024

The sound of waves crashing on a sandy beach......

awakened me every morning for 10 wonderful days.
One particular morning far down on the beach, I heard these people 
singing a very lovely song.........in Hawaiian. They were doing motions with their hands to the sea and I was transfixed in wonder and awe.......it was so beautiful. 
The photo is blurry as it was a slightly stormy morning......and I had taken this photo from my hotel balcony.  In our hotel lobby and out on the pool, Hawaiian music played constantly.  Sometimes there was live Hawaiian music performed in the lobby and at dinner .
Yes.......we have been in beautiful Hawaii.......on a magical trip that our
daughter wanted us to go along with her on.  
She had every day planned with some new kind of place to see.  From Honolulu, Waikiki beach , 
Oahu , and to the big island Kona.
It was a long, but pleasant plane flight from Texas, to Denver, to Hawaii. 
We were welcomed with beautiful leis placed around our necks,
and found ourselves in a land of incredible beauty.  
I fell in love with the mountains there
where clouds sat on top and mist fell down in the form of gentle light rain.
There were just as many flowers on trees as there were on the ground.
This is the Royal Poinciana 
and this is the Plumeria
There were so many interesting trees.......I am not sure but I think this one may be the Koa tree,
and there were banyan trees
and monkey pod trees........
Speaking of monkey pod.......we ate at a wonderful
restaurant called The Monkey Pod
we also had a colorful meal at a luau.....the purple bread is taro bread, which
is a potato bread and very good.
we were also served pina coladas in a pineapple
the luau was a wonderful thing to see and to listen to

we visited Pearl Harbor
there are so many different kinds of beaches........coves with 
large boulders
the Black beach where the sand
is all black from lava
and the waves have so many different hues of blue.
we spent a good part of the day swimming in Waimea Bay.
when the sun was setting......every where...... every night.......the torches were lit.
They are lovely along the beach and along the streets full of shops.
I end this now with a lovely sunset on Kaena's Point 
Hawaii was a wonderful place to visit during the last summer days. 
We are now back and back into our quiet, normal, routine.
We have so many good memories this year from our travels.

as you remember from my previous post, we visited our son in beautiful Washington/Oregon area.
and now we end the year's travels 
with enchanting Hawaii.
So tell me.......have you traveled any where this summer or are you planning
to travel?  I would love to hear



 

















 





 

 



 












 

 



 








 

16 comments:

Jan said...

What a wonderful trip! We went to Alaska in June and really enjoyed ourselves. In was so beautiful!

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely pictures of your trip. How great that your daughter had plans for your days so you could enjoy the experience to the max.
Our traveling days are done but we have the memories ( and my many scrapbooks) to remind us.

Marie Smith said...

No special plans here. Your travels have been wonderful indeed. Hawaii looks so special!

Latane Barton said...

I read your post and just went back in time... to a time that we spent in Hawaii back in 1957. It's much different they say now. But, the flowers, the luaus, the beautiful blue ocean... I was 8 months pregnant when I arrived there to join my husband who was in the Navy. My son was born in that big pink hospital that sits high upon a hill (Tripler Army Hospital) We lived near the end of the canal, close to Waikai Beach. Such a special time but way too expensive so within a few months Hubby was transferred to Midway Island. So, yes, you make me relive some wonderful memories.

Rose said...

Oh, this all looks wonderful. Your photos are the first to ever make me want to visit Hawaii. I love banyan trees....and that photo under the lei is sure appealing. And the sunset is gorgeous there.

Vivian said...

Only in my day and night dreams ") and through your wonderful photos. In Joy

Prairie Rose said...

Your trip to Hawaii looks beautiful. What a special vacation filled with so many memories for you. Wow, two trips in one year. I'm very happy for you. The pictures were amazing.

Donna said...

Oh my Word! Everything looks fabulous! Especially the Pina Colada! Yum...
So glad you got to go with your daughter!
Love the blog! Following so I don't miss a thing! lol
hugs
Donna

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Oh my how beautiful. Such gorgeous photos. I'm so glad you were able to go to Hawaii. Wow! Makes me want to go there someday.
Regarding my posting about Foam Party, a big machine spits out soap suds and it's like a "mountain" of foam. I've never seen anything like this before, but it was a lot of fun going into the foam with the kids.

Hill Top Post said...

Your pictures are wonderful and the second best thing to actually being in Hawaii. Wow!

Henny Penny said...

Oh my goodness, what a special trip. Your pictures are wonderful. I enjoyed each one and could almost imagine being there myself. I guess our trip of a lifetime was in 1998 when our granddaughter was born, and we flew to Alaska for a week. Funny, the next exciting trip was a six-hour drive to West Virginia when our granddaughter got married.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Seems absolutely heavenly! I am so glad you got the time together with your sweetie and your daughter. And thank you for sharing all those gorgeous photos! I can almost hear the surf.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

What a gorgeous trip for you...the photos are lovely, ahhh the food, the flowers, the memories! What a great time spent together...so beautiful. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Welcome home, Kathleen, and from these photos and your text, it shows that you and Mark had such another wonderful adventure. How wonderful to read that your daughter planned the trip and activities. Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie K said...

We are heading to Minnesota soon for a bear hunt. I have a dream that some February we will go somewhere that the ocean is calm clear and the beaches sandy and warm. Someday in February. Love your photos. It looks so inviting and friendly.