"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Saturday, December 11, 2021

The greeting cards have all be sent

the decorations, gift gathering, and planning are done.
As the days towards Christmas start winding down, 
so do the days that mark the end of another year.
While I did not get as much as I had hoped accomplished in this one year,
I can say I am happy with what I did accomplish and with what I have learned on what I do want to accomplish in the year to come. I am not one for resolutions....but I do have plans and hopes of what could be possible.
How about you?
The outside grounds are just now starting to die down for a long winters nap.  As much as I would like to stay inside and stitch by the fire during these days, these cold days allow me the opportunity to clear new garden spaces and to get" hard to manage" projects out of the way.  Simply because there is not 100 degree heat to try to tolerate and the rattlesnakes are a little less aggressive.  I feel a little bit safer working on a chilly day and I can get much more accomplished
I have the  reward of my needle waiting when I am through.
As the last days of this year pass one by one, 
here's wishing you joy, peace and contentment.
Have yourself a Merry Christmas!

So remember while December
Brings the only Christmas Day
In the year let there be Christmas
In the things we do and say
Wouldn't life be worth the living
Wouldn't dreams be coming true
If we kept the Christmas spirit
All the whole year through.
Author unknown, c.1962
visit my country cooking blog for the recipe for this  delicious chicken meal.
you can find the recipe at this link:




 











  






12 comments:

Rose said...

I find my days slipping one into another and not much accomplished. I worry and fret and it sort of freezes me in time. I spend a big part of my time waiting...and managing...but still it is no excuse. I won't go into details. I don't say it on my blog, but find myself struggling a lot.

Granny Marigold said...

Thank you for the Christmas wishes and I wish the same for you. It's good to look back and see what was accomplished and to make plans for the coming year.
I didn't know that rattlesnakes don't hibernate.

happyone said...

Sounds like you're all ready for Christmas.
I must admit I like the winter with the snow and cold. :) Just don't like when it's icy and I can't take my morning walk.
I don't make resolutions but just try to take each day as it comes and thank God for one more day. :)

Marie Smith said...

Your prep for Christmas is way ahead of mine. You’re ready! Well done! Enjoy every minute! Thanks for dropping by my blog to say, “Hello.”

Hill Top Post said...

I do enjoy Christmas but am always ready to move on to the new year. I always enjoy the opportunity of making a fresh new start.

Prims By The Water said...

No Christmas cards written yet for me. Hope I can get them done in time. Love the simplicity of the pinecones. Your recipe looks like one I make YUM! Janice

Henny Penny said...

What a beautiful Christmas post. I still have a bit to go before Christmas gets here. Hope you do have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I too have lots of outside work to do. Got six weeks behind and now can't catch up.

Barwitzki said...

The best time of the year ... now ... and we had snow on the 3rd of Advent. It was such a splendor outside. On Wednesday I get rabbits from the farmer and on Saturday lamb ... I look forward to cooking. We'll eat some things right away and I'll freeze some for Christmas, because then the family will come together for almost a week. Yes, this is the best time of the year ... together.
Now I look in your recipe blog ... I love cooking and baking ... and I love handicraft.
Many greetings to you. Happy Advent season continues. Hug Viola

Olde Dame Holly said...

What a lovely post! I love the beautiful old cards, too. So peaceful and sweet. Yes, finally the heat is gone, for awhile, at least! Don't happen upon a rattler snoozing in the sun, though! I haven't usually done resolutions, either, but I might try some this year, as last year just seemed to slip away.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks a lovely holiday post, Kathleen. The old time illustrations were a joy to see and certainly much nicer than modern ones, thanks for including them. The chicken Florentine recipe is one that I plan to try when we are back home after. Hristmas.

Lady Locust said...

I love this post. Your words and images are beautiful - a reflection of their author. As we near this blessed day, I hope you are enjoying the peace and love of Christmastime :-)

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

That chicken meal looks delicious. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and will have a very Happy New Year!