"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Friday, April 12, 2019

In between the weeding, planting, and gathering eggs............

I have a wonderful Easter salad/dessert recipe for you!
Easter is almost here and this is a time that I start trying different recipes;
especially for desserts and salads that I want to make for the holiday. 

Now that our children are grown and scattered, we do not have the
usual celebration that we did when they were small...........
how much I miss those sweet times!
However, I still make some kind of "special" dinner 
for this holiday time.  
I just made this wonderful fruit salad/dessert in the 
above photo, and it is so creamy and delicious, that I will fix it for
our Easter table this year.
It can also be made in a "sugar free" version if you wish.
Here is the link to my cooking blog and for the easy recipe
So tell me.........what are some of your favorite
Easter foods?
I would love to hear!

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Like my mother before me I make Easter bread ( Paska) which I believe is a Ukrainian tradition picked up when my ancestors lived in Russia. If you are wondering about it at all you can google it.
Your Orange Fluff looks so good and I'm off to check out the recipe. Thanks.

Connie said...

Looks delicious, Kathleen! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I love the illustration you featured on this post. I popped over to your other blog and looked at the recipe. It reminds me a bit of something my own mother made. It didn't have a proper name, but was named after the lady who gave my mom the recipe. It had mandarin oranges, miniature marshmallows, cottage cheese, and I think pineapple. There were probably other ingredients, too. I think my family would like your recipe very much! -Jenn

Debra said...

I'll have to make this-it looks wonderful. I'm remembering way back to my childhood, and missing the colored eggs, the beautiful Easter cakes my grandma would make (always covered with coconut!)and the smell of the ham dinner....all that bundled with the love from family-it's one of those sweet/sad things.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Oh this dish looks delicious and as we're traveling over the holiday to visit with family, it will have to wait until our return to be tried, Kathleen. Lovely old-time Easter illustration display on this post.

The Wykeham Observer said...

I've just started making lemon meringue pie, and I enjoy the process, not as hard as I thought it might be. This past week I've started going through your early posts and am really intrigued by the landscape and trees and plants of your part of the country. It's beautiful. I'm going to make your salad, as Easter will be here this year. Phil