"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Something we all need

The picture below is one of my favorites, and is what I will become when I get very old,....actually, I just might already be this.{: The following recipe is not one I have written myself, but something I received by email. It is so good, I just had to share it. I hope it gives you much peace.

A Great Recipe for a Peace Filled Life...

1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.

3. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following statement, "My purpose is to _________ today. I am thankful for ________."

4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is made in plants.

5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds, & walnuts.

6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.

7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts, or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.

8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.

9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: " In five years, will this matter?"

17. Forgive everyone for everything.

18. What other people think of you is none of your business.

19. GOD heals everything- but you have to ask Him.

20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!

22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

23. Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements:"I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished_________."

24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.

17 comments:

Flower said...

That is so good I am going to copy it and hang it on my refrigerator!! Do you have a pipe yet?
Thanks for the kind thoughts. My eyes have been damp all day! It's going to be so nice to have my work done with all the photos but it won't happen soon!!

Phill said...

That's a great piece of art, but even better, that's an awesome list. I read it twice!

LindaSue said...

wonderful way to live - glad you are so aware of what real life is - and I'd eat at your table any day - salmon and nuts and berries - yummy! Good words dear friend.

KathyB. said...

How true, our life IS full of choices, and we can be happy in all things...'for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Apostle Paul, Philippians 4:11-13

Love the words of wisdom and reminders. Thanks.

Bobbi said...

I love it and I'm going to write it down! So so true!

Pamela said...

Thank you so much! Definitely going to copy this.

Paula said...

Wonderful advice, Kathleen!

And I love the little old lady... her poor little porch is falling in, but she looks like she doesn't have a care in the world!! LOL

Deborah said...

I found your blog at Gingerbread's House and loved poking around. I bookmarked you and am looking forward to seeing you turn into a homesteader through and through, though I would say you have gone far towards the goal already.

Nancy M. said...

That was great! Words to live by!

Tipper said...

A truly wonderful recipe for life!

wylde otse said...

...and the best thing about this recipe is that the ingredients are free.

Jen's Farmily said...

I love the picture! I've always told Mr. C that we'll be two old people rock in our rockin chairs and pokin' each other with our canes! :)

Linda said...

Kathleen....cute , cute picture. Wonderful words of wisdom and all so true. I'm a work in progress and trying to live like this...hugs, Linda

Bee Haven Bev said...

The best recipe I have seen in a long while! I will add it to the front of my recipe book.

Hugs to you!

Julie said...

Oh, Kathleen!
I just love, love, love it!
"What other people think of you is none of your business" made me giggle!
I need to copy this list and read it daily!
Blessings,
Julie

Connie said...

Sounds like a no-fail recipe to me! Thanks, Kathleen. That is lovely. :)

Kathy said...

Love that picture! And what a wonderful list. Thank you for sharing it with us.