"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Friday, August 28, 2026

Late August Days

"some days in late August at home are like this,
the air think and eager, 
with something in it sad and nostalgic 
and familiar.
                                                            William Faulkner

This stitched piece is from a vintage crewel embroidery 
kit that I came upon in a junk store. Instead of using yarn,  I used embroidery floss for the 
stitching and added extra flowers to it to make it "my own".
To see how the piece looked before stitching, you can visit my embroidery blog.



 

5 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful stitching and wonderful quote. ❤️

Barwitzki said...

Beautiful coloring, lovely flowers and grasses—the eye is drawn straight to the farmhouse; I can picture myself enjoying coffee and apple cake there, served by the farmer's wife.
Enjoy the final days of August.
Warm regards, Viola
P.S. I’ll bring the cake!

Henny Penny said...

Oh, you do such beautiful work. So glad to see your post.

Granny Marigold said...

Nice piece of crewel work. I like the mailbox with the barn in the distance.
Imagine finding that in a junk store!!

We Two Travellers Living the Life said...

Your interpretation of the scene is so-o-o much more artistic than the straight-up scene shown on the package. I love it, excellent work.