"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Monday, October 21, 2013

The days are a much cooler

and the nights are very chilly

 
but the pumpkin patch is still green
and full of pumpkins.
 
The Zinnias are still showing off their vibrant colors,
 
and there are pumpkins and gourds from the patch all over the grounds............


and on the porches............

I had a good amount of Fairy Tale pumpkins this year as well.
I just love these........don't you?



It is also the time for all of the other flowers to move into the greenhouse.
Now the greenhouse is full

with lots of that blooming Aloe Vera I told you about in my last post..............

some pretty dianthia............

and loofa sponge vines. This is something new I tried this year. I love it for it's vibrant yellow blossoms............

It is also growing outside on a fence. It looks much like a cucumber, however, it is from the gourd family. This loofa will decide when it is finished growing and then it's skin will turn completely brown and will crumble off. Inside there will be a loofa sponge........just like the ones you see in beauty baskets.

My perfect autumn front porch.........full of pumpkins and a sassy black cat ( Salem)
 
Now that my outside gardening has slowed.................I once again turn to my needle.........
I decided to make myself a cup of tea........
you can read more by visiting my embroidery blog....
just click onto this link


and if you like Chocolate Mousse........
drop by my cooking blog by clicking onto this link
for the recipe to this delicious and easy to make dessert
 

A few weeks back
 
while out on a pick, I spotted this wonderful garden arch way made out of old ornamental gingerbread. It is covered in lots of paint and I am now in the process of removing the paint, repainting it, and adding it to my garden. I will let you know more about this as time goes on.
So how about you??
Has the fall weather brought you chilly nights?
What is still growing in your garden?
 
I would love to hear!


9 comments:

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love your needlework tea cup !
I have placed Loofa Sponge Vine on my list for next year. Those flowers are a drop of sunshine !
In my garden I have a late blooming yellow iris that is going to town !
Rose

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Kathleen!
It looks like your pumpkins have done really well. The fairy tale are my favorite - love the different shades of orange, too.

Wow, you found a treasure in that garden archway. It's really beautiful. I can't wait to see how pretty it will be when you're done restoring it.

Connie said...

Wonderful photos, Kathleen. Love all the pumpkins and gourds, and I especially love those bright yellow flowers on the loofah vine. I've never seen those before.

Hill Top Post said...

Your greenhouse is filling up quite nicely...know you enjoy being able to keep and start plants here. What a great crop of pumpkins this year...so pretty with the zinnias!

lil red hen said...

It is cooler here with just a little frost two mornings. How envious I could be of your greenhouse :)
Love the tea bag hanging out of the cup! You're so creative!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The pumpkins are so in keeping with the season, which is not fall-like here at all, Kathleen. Our trees are still green and won't turn colors until mid to late Nov when other areas will be nearing winter. We are still getting some tomatoes and peppers from our small garden and lots of eggplant flowers so maybe a couple more before frost sets in.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Kathleen, your place looks like an Autumnal Wonderland! Just beautiful.

We are finally getting cooler weather here, too and it is glorious!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Lovely post! The only thing in my garden that's still growing strong is the asylum.

Patty H. said...

YOur flowers, pumpkins and embroidery are just beautiful! I love the color of the zinnias and the vibrant yellow of the loofa sponge.
I love fall!