"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Azalea

The weekend was full of making rows, weeding and planting new plants out of the greenhouse into the garden. I would post pictures, but all it looks like now is a few tiny weeds in a big plot of dirt.{: On my sewing blog, Yesteryear Embroideries, I posted about needing information on growing an Azalea that Sweetie brought home to me. How wonderful you all are and how helpful! Thank you all for your advice. I am going to try what you told me probably next year after the new wears off and I don't doubt the grounds I want to plant this in.

So for now, I planted it into a large container and placed it on the front porch where I do a lot of my stitching and dreaming.{: It is so cheery and will give me a lot of inspiration. It gets good morning sun but is in the shade the rest of the day. Hopefully it will be cool enough for it. Also when winter comes , I can easily move it into the greenhouse.
And I finally decided what to use my little tin container for. Either for holding sewing patterns while I am sewing, or possibly move to the greenhouse for seed packages and planting information. I hope this finds that all of you had a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

Jen's Farmily said...

Good idea to use it as a pattern holder! And your Azalea's are pretty!!

Vickie said...

Kathleen - just stopping by to say HI! Enjoyed reading your blog and your experience with your garden. We have a new farmhouse and I've started a garden of my own this year after helping my dad with his for several years. I've got to make me a scarecrow, too, I think. My peas are disappearing! The dove are picking them out of the ground! Vickie