"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Saturday, August 19, 2017

In the early morning hours, I sit quietly with my morning coffee,

 and watch the busy traffic.......... streaming from the woods...
large groups of shell quail............in a constant flow and hurry


to the local watering hole
The bobwhite quail also hurry in, 

the long billed and short billed birds

all flying in for a drink and a bite to eat.


The small owls who have taken up residence in the trees 
watch from their tall perch

as a hungry and thirsty rabbit hops along the patio

to come to the same spot,
to the small cement feeders and shallow water containers 

  After the road runner enjoys a cool drink, 


                                            

it spots a cement planter and decides to make a bed


enjoying the moist dirt inside

constantly scratching to make it just right.

Then it hops out


and enjoys the warmth of the sun 


that is making the cool of the morning disappear. 

In no time, it is up and on it's way. 
Throughout the day, there is always some kind of bird
or creature, stopping by to rest at the feed and water.
A constant flow of traffic...........but 
one that is without honking horns, road rage or stress.
A road much traveled........
but much more enjoyable!
So tell me,
what traffic is running past your back yard?
I would love to hear!


12 comments:

Debra said...

My traffic could never be as fun or as interesting as yours! This post made my day, and I'm still smiling! Loved the owls of course-I'm so happy they are still hanging around! But that road runner is my favorite! I had no idea their tails were so long! Wonderful photos!

Nancy J said...

Love them all, specially Roadrunner.A special quiet time of each day to be savoured as it slowly passes into the later on morning hours. .

NanaNor's said...

I love seeing all your visitors. When we lived in northern California we had quail all the time-but not here in Colorado. The closest we get, but don't see nearby, is Chuckers-which I believe are a relative to quail. I too love seeing the Owls-so cute.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Noreen

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Kathleen, you have truly made an idyllic spot in which to enjoy your morning coffee! What an amazing parade of wildlife. Just beautiful I know they enjoy the food and water. My parade is a constant stream of my very own growing chickens. I am so glad I changed my mind and got more. They are the delight of my days!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I have Rabbits and Baby Rabbits running through my back yard and over into my brother's yard. It is so much fun to sit and watch them play and run and chase each other.

Your Wildlife Pictures are just beautiful. I wish I lived out in the Country so I could be among animals. I love looking at your Wildlife Pictures.

Take care - Have a Beautiful Day

Linda K

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What amazing visitors you have coming in your yard, Kathleen, and glad they did not all want some coffee. The roadrunner was the most interesting to me.

Lady Jane said...

We get birds mostly. Robins, blue birds, cardinals, wood peckers and hummingbirds at the feeder. Once in a while we spy an eagle or falcon flying about. The other day my neighbor called to tell us about a grey fox she saw during the day and warned us to keep an eye on Max our little dog. Now that the field behind our house and across the drive way we will see deer and turkeys feeding. Loved all your pix. Hugs, lj

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

You are so fortunate to have so many lovely birds to visit your yard. We have golden finch that stop to eat seeds from my sunflowers. I always enjoy watching the birds.

Connie said...

What a fun parade, and you have a front row seat to it all! Wonderful post. I especially love the photos of the roadrunner.

Hill Top Post said...

Now, I'll take your kind of traffic any day! Great Post!

Sally said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

I'd take that kind of traffic any day. :)

Unknown said...

love them all. thanks for sharing a great photo.

หนังไทยใหม่