"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Friday, October 31, 2014

For Halloween, I wanted to show you something...............


Scary
something vintage

and something to make you laugh.........

and it is also the perfect time to show you the pumpkins and gourds 

 from my gardens this year.

The main reason I started growing pumpkins was because I wanted a lot to decorate with
and really could not afford to pay for that many...........

but once I started growing them............I fell in love with the whole plant. I love the large leaves and how the vine stretches completely over the ground. 


Even if I do not get a big harvest.......or the biggest pumpkin.......
I  love the whole growing pumpkin process.
Gourds have also caught my attention and I only get a handful of these pretty little ones 
and only a few large ones.........

but for me


it is enough...........and I am happy.
Here's wishing you a very happy and safe 
Halloween!

10 comments:

nancy huggins said...

Thanks for the pics and love your Pumpkins that you grew..We haven't had much luck lately growing anything except some herbs in pots :)

Connie said...

Happy Halloween, Kathleen! I enjoyed seeing your pumpkins and gourds. They made some very pretty decorations for you. I love the leaves and blooms of the pumpkin plant too. :)

lil red hen said...

These are great fun!! And it's wonderful you can grow your own pumpkins and gourds. I planted seeds for bird house gourds; two plants came up and produced five gourds for me! I have them drying now.

Sally said...

Love seeing what you grow; I might try something next year unless we're plagued with grasshoppers again. :)

Nancy J said...

Kathleen, your golden goodies from the garden are gorgeous, in colour, shape, and edibility!!! Do you decorate the gourds? Happy Halloween. Jean.

A Colorful World said...

I love your pumpkins and gourds! I wish I could grow some gourds and do gourd art...I may try again next year to have a better little garden spot. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Wanted to tell you, I didn't hand quilt the quilt...it would have taken me another five years! I am a very slow hand quilter. Did it on my machine, trying to master the freemotion method. It isn't easy. :-)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That first photo was a hoot!

Love your homegrown pumpkins and gourds.

Happy November ~ FlowerLady

Sherri Farley said...

Happy Halloween to you too. Your pumpkins and gourds look great. It was a good year for them here in Missouri. Do you dry your gourds? I always thought that would be fun to try.

Debra said...

Your photos are beautiful. I love the plant too...must grow some next year!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Your pumpkins and gourds are awesome. Love to see what your are growing. This is very interesting.