"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Sunday, December 9, 2018

A light dusting of snow came

giving the twisted mesquite trees a powdered 

sugar icing.  By noon, it was all gone.

I decided to  dress my worn and weathered scarecrow,
Gertrude, for the holidays.

This season she is wearing a dark floral print dress
with an embellished red jacket

instead of a straw hat, I placed a woolen knit
hat on her head and then tied a pretty scarf 
around that.

a spray of holly and pine cones work as an accent

she is holding a decorative basket of pine cones

her metal cat Zoey has a festive ribbon with a bell

and this year, a chicken has joined the group.
my little banty hens, along with my lone Ameraucana hen
are giving me a good supply of eggs, much needed for the upcoming 
holiday baking. 

If an egg is broken from an outside force, 
life ends.
If an egg is broken from an inside force,
then life begins.
Great things happen from the inside!

Here's wishing you the best 
inside and out!

11 comments:

Connie said...

Gertrude looks quite festive! She's all set for the holidays. I like that quote. Wishing you a happy Sunday.

Lady Jane said...

I love Gertrude!!! hugs, lj

Sally said...

Gertrude looks beautiful, and ready for the holidays! I love her dress, and scarf. :)

Wishing you lovely things all year round. :)

xoxo

Hill Top Post said...

Gertrude is looking mighty pretty all dressed up for the holidays. Merry Christmas to her and to all of you and the critters at "Eggs in my pocket."

Granny Marigold said...

Snow transforms the trees and shrubs! Gertrude is looking very festive, especially with the splash of red of her coat.

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

lovely Gertrude.

have a great day

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I LOVE Gertrude and her friends. How fun.
xx, Carol

happyone said...

What a nice scarecrow!! She looks lovely. : )

Debra said...

What a gorgeous tree. So odd, because I have been thinking of painting a long series of tree portraits. Your photos seem like a reminder to do it! Gertrude looks beautiful, and I'm glad she has some pals with her.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a nice quote about how an egg is cracked, Kathleen. And Gertrude is very well decked out for the holiday as is her pet cat :-) I am hoping that we get a little more snow, but would prefer that it now arrive when we are traveling to visit family for Christmas.

Faith said...

Love that Gertrude......she is lovely