"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Friday, August 25, 2017

Azaleas.........

I love them!  I have tried to grow them through the years............
starting off with a pretty, healthy plant,
then within weeks, the blossoms drop off........
the plant dies.
Friends have told me that the grounds here are too acidic and the heat
in our area is too intense for Azaleas to withstand. 
In the photo above.......these Azaleas
are now on my front porch...........

                                     
yet, these will never drop their blossoms, 
and they will never die........
they are made of silk!
This lovely arrangement arrived at my door today
from the 
Commercial Silk Company  (click on to visit)
Aren't they  the prettiest??
They came in a lovely box as well!

I love to send flowers........but when these arrived to me
in such a pretty box.........I realized I love to receive flowers 
as well!
And  I can just imagine the reaction of someone if 
I were to send a box of these lovelies to them! 


The Commercial Silk Company specializes in creating lovely lifelike 
silk flower arrangements

with decorative containers.........
( I chose a vintage metal container above) 
They also have artificial trees, bushes, topiaries,  succulents, 
boxwoods, and much more!  
It took me a few cups of coffee and and hour or two to 
look through all that they have to offer!
They also have a good varying price range to fit anyone's budget. 
I had the hardest time making a final decision on 
what I wanted..........everything was beautiful.......I wanted it all! 
As you know, I have posted about our front porch before,
and I love to spend time out on it on lovely days.
I have been wanting to freshen it up a bit........


that is why I chose this Azalea arrangement.  It gives 
such a nice touch to any area of the porch...........
I then had a hard time deciding on the right spot 
to place it. 
I tried it here first............the sitting area

then I placed it here.........so that it could be seen
when one approaches the porch

but I finally decided here.........when
walking up to the door,
it can be seen 

and the right amount of light shows
off the color of the blossoms.

Now the front porch has a 
welcoming touch to it.......
don't  you think?  
and I now have lovely Azaleas.........to last!
These flowers and the container are of such good quality!
I tugged at the flowers as I was spreading them open...........
not one petal or leaf came off.  
The metal container is also very well made and sturdy.
I know that this arrangement will last and  stay lovely on my
front porch for a long time.
So grab yourself a cup of coffee and visit 
Commercial Silk Company  (click on to visit)
  
Now tell me.........do you love to 
send flowers and revel in the 
excitement and surprise that the person 
you sent them to feels..........
or do you love being surprised 
when someone sends you flowers?

What would your favorite silk flower be?.....and what color??
I would love to hear!
















14 comments:

Nancy J said...

Beautiful flowers, an old cream can? Old bottles, a cane basket, the rooster above, and a welcome sign, what a perfect spot by your front door.

peggy said...

Your porch is so beautiful.

Blogoratti said...

Wonderful looking flowers and house. Warm greetings!

Sally said...

Oh, so pretty. I want your porch swing! :)

xoxo

Connie said...

They are beautiful! Such a bright spot of color there by the door. You'll be able to enjoy them for a long time to come.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Those are lovely! Many moons ago, husband and I had a home décor store and we carried a line of artificial flowers. I forget the name of the supplier, but they were gorgeous. Then artificial flowers kind of fell out of favour. I'm glad to see you can still get beautiful, realistic flowers. -Jenn

Debra said...

Such a beautiful porch, and you've decorated it fit for a magazine picture! I do admit to being wooed by silk flowers at Hobby Lobby or Michael's, and I have given in to the temptation to buy some! My mom has some in her yard all year! I still have some very vintage ones that I'll use some day for a corsage. I hope you aren't in the path of that bad weather....

lil red hen said...

The flowers look real! Your porch is so inviting and pretty! I could never have something like that on my porch because we live on a dusty road and everything gets covered, even the brick floor. We used to pasture cattle along a cemetery fence and had a problem with artificial flowers blowing over into the pasture grass. Since many of them held thin wires, they were a danger to the cattle if they happened to eat some.

Hill Top Post said...

Your porch is just lovely. I see why you enjoy spending time there.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Your porch is gorgeous...and I love the flowers and the final resting spot. You had good choices too, so I can imagine how hard it was to decide, but I do like them right there by the door and that's what I would do. Have a blessed day!

Granny Marigold said...

Silk flowers have come a long way from the obviously fake ones of the past. I love your bright cheery Azaleas. I have red silk roses that I get out around Valentine's day and they fool everyone.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your silk azalea look beautiful on your porch. I like to put geranium on my front deck in the summer. I love to watch the hummingbirds visit them. I always go for red, though I love salmon color geraniums the best. Pretty soon it will be time to switch them out for mums.
xx, Carol

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

These azealas are lovely, Kathleen, and wonderful that they will always remain in bloom with no watering necessary. Like you, I would also have moved them around to find the best location and I agree that the front door location is very welcoming.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.