"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Saturday, July 26, 2014

It's the hot days of summer.........when one longs for the comfort of a shaded front porch

a wonderful place to gather with family, creating memories for years to come.......

 a place where friends  gather to share dreams and hopes.......

 a place for solitude and peace........to ponder one's thoughts..........

or a cozy place just for two to enjoy the closing of a day.


I have posted and shown you my front porch...........
a place for friends and family to gather on a hot day......
a place to sit and watch a gentle rain........
or the falling of snow.


and  my patio...............very hot in the day time.......
but a hot spot at night time for friends and family to gather around the fire. 



This is on another side of the house..........yes..........I need to paint ..........soon!!
This is a deck/balcony that was placed here by previous owners. They had it screened so that their cats could sit out in the day and remain safe from the predators. 

In the years that they lived here.........and the years we have been here, it has never been painted. 
This is the" before" photo above.
I have been wanting to fix it up for a cozy spot ........
for two........or one..........
to enjoy the early morning sunrise............
or the shaded east side afternoons.
So with paint and paint brush...........

I have made it look like this!  I added a rug and a table........

and a few plants..........

and a couple of rockers that my husband purchased a while back.

and now it is the perfect spot for the ending of the day.
Don't you think so?

Of course a porch always needs a vintage container with flowers.......

but this is the best part............ the view.  
This is where we can watch the wildlife move about on the grounds and in the trees.
It is serene.
The best way to say goodnight to another day.
How about you?
Tell me about your favorite spot..........or porch!


15 comments:

Tami said...

Very Nice. I'd love to have a view like that!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love what you did with your little side porch. My house needs painting too and I am hoping to get it done this fall/winter when it is cooler.

Your photo makes me want to enjoy more, my little screened porch off the kitchen.

Have a lovely Sunday ~ FlowerLady

Sally said...

I love what you did with the side porch, and also you front porch looks so very inviting! :)

Sandra said...

You brought that tired old porch back to life! It looks so pretty and inviting. The rocking chairs and plants make it welcoming to sit awhile. Your front porch and fire pit area is nice as well.

Sherri Farley said...

Your porches are wonderful spaces. We have covered porches & they are used a lot. I love to be out and watch it rain. Just heaven!

Connie said...

I love how you fixed up the porch, Kathleen. It looks so cozy and homey. You have a real talent for decorating.

lil red hen said...

I rarely find time (or take the time) to sit on the porch. You've really given new life to this one. I'd like to enclose one porch to keep dirt daubers and swallows from building their mud nests. But I don't have a pretty view from either porch. :(

Hill Top Post said...

A porch is such a nice thing to have, early or late, rain or shine. You have some great places from which to watch the wildlife.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Porches are wonderful places to gather, chat with the neighbors and ponder the day. Love your little private porch on the side of your house.
Rose

Debbie said...

You never fail to amaze me with your endless creativity. You have such a gift for making every spot welcoming and warm and comfy. It's a gift.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

I adore your front porch, sipping ice tea and listening to the rain. You have some neat areas for chilling out.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

You have a beautiful home and lovely view from your porch. It looks so relaxing. I enjoyed the photos of the porches very much.

A Colorful World said...

Oh, yes...the perfect side porch! You did a great job! I like that the previous owners had it fenced in for the cats...wish my kids had a place like that for their cats.

Jen's Farmily said...

I love the painted porch! It does look like the perfect spot to watch for wildlife!

My favorite spot is our back deck at the lake. I get to watch the birds at the feeders and hear the water hitting the rocks.

peggy said...

I would love to sit in any of your sitting-spots. The side porch is so nice and of course that big front porch. My garage needs painting so bad, it is pitiful but somehow it always gets put off the list of this year's projects. How are the zinnias?