"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Thursday, July 17, 2014

I hear the squeaking and screeching sounds of the baby woodpeckers

coming from this hole in the mesquite tree........
they know I am close as I take a photo........

I hear their mother...........fussing at me ..........watching me from the tree top
 just above her little one's hiding place.
I understand and know her worry..........
much more than she could know..........

for my heart is as heavy as the clouds that are gathering today............
you see, my youngest son........who is in the navy , 
just let me know that in a few days he and his fellow sailors .......
will set sail
on a journey ..........to deep waters
unknown.

To him, it's an adventure of a lifetime...........
so with every morning that awakens me...........

I try to focus and to keep my mind from worry....
by tending to the garden.........there are a lot of peas to shell............

and weeding the  pumpkin patch
 which is  crawling all over the grounds............

full of blooms..........

and new pumpkins................


the zinnias are in full bloom and they sway their heavy heads in the wind as to say
"cheer up!"
and before I know it.........they day has passed.........

and the sun sets..................
and I try to rest my worry............






12 comments:

Dawn said...

A day in pictures, wonderful, I hope your son has a fantastic adventure and it speeds by for you.

lil red hen said...

God bless you, Kathleen, and may He keep your son safe.

Debra said...

Oh dear one, my eyes are watery because I feel that motherly worry too, for my own son. I am praying for safety....

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Will lift your son in prayer as well as the ship for GOD's protection and for GOD to lift your heavy heart from worry.

Beautiful posting of your area and the flowers, I only wish you had a camera that could peep inside that nest in the tree. I love birds...

GOD keep you and yours safe.

Connie said...

The photos are beautiful, Kathleen. God bless and keep safe your son. And may He bless your mother's heart and ease your mind from worry too. I hope the time will go quickly.

Hill Top Post said...

Wonderful post! Beautiful pictures and words. Best wishes for your brave young sailor and for you.

Sally said...

I will be praying for you son.

Your flowers and garden so beautiful. :)

Sherri Farley said...

Our son served in Iraq. His job was searching and destroying road side bombs. (The worst year for losses to road side bombings) We must have aged 5 years those 12 months. I certainly understand your fear, and I can offer no advice to ease them, except, the seas are calm right now. You will get through it one day at a time. We appreciate your sons service and the sacrifices his family must make.

Sherri Farley said...

I think it's awesome you have woodpeckers! I hope you get baby pictures.

Debbie said...

My mother's heart is right there with ya Kathleen. Our sil is a Marine, and in the last 10 years we've experienced that concern for him in 4 different deployments.
Keep us informed. Love the photos.

Alexa said...

I'm so glad I stumbled on your blog along with your exquisite needlework and retro old worldy finds.
May your son live his adventure and travel safely.
Alexa from Sydney, Australia
http://www.Alexa-asimplelife.com

A Colorful World said...

God be with your son and all his shipmates...may it only be an exercise. Do not worry. I know you sent God's angels with him when he set out on his "adventure."