"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgivng is here............

a time when we all have a chance to gather together in happiness and thankfulness
 for all that we know and love
and for all that we have.........even if it is not so much. .................
It's funny.................some of the "richest' folks I know ...............
are those who live a simple and common life............
and don't measure their thankfulness by their purse strings.........
and then  some of the folks I know who do  have a bounty of plenty.............
are always stretching out their hands..........
giving to others in need..............
thankful for the opportunity to do so.
I guess, you might could say,.........
Thanksgiving is in heart.......
where it matters the most.
Have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving to you all!
By the way.............
there is a really good cobbler recipe on my cooking blog for
Thanksgiving, just hop over to

13 comments:

Paula said...

Wonderful words... Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Kathleen~ and thanks for the cobbler recipe!

Terry and Linda said...

I agree with Paula....very well said!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Connie said...

Lovely post, Kathleen. Wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving! :)

Debbie said...

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you. I was glad you left a comment on my post. I'll put you under the fruitcake column "like". :D
Debbie

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Sweetie, you and your family have a beautiful Thanksgiving too.

Lovely post!

God bless and pop over if ya get a chance, I'm hostin' a giveaway.

Woohoo!!!

Tink's Tinkerings said...

Your Quilt is adorable. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Tink

papel1 said...

Glad you stopped by my blog. I really enjoyed the Thanksgiving postcard you just shared being the collector that I am.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Judy

Sunny said...

Happy thanksgiving to you as well, Kathleen!
Love to visit and read your thoughtful words!
Sunny

Patty H. said...

Love the poem! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

God bless you.

Conni said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathleen! I'm going right over to your kitchen blog for the cobbler recipe!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family, Kathleen, but then wishes such as these never have a timeframe. I'm thankful to have met you through blogland and always enjoy your observations. Thank you.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving day! Best wishes, Tammy