"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

While working out in the grounds, imagine my surprise to see this little one drinking from the water pail near to me. As I approached it to get a quick photo, I was even more surprised to see it not fly away, but to jump down and hop away. My feline friends are always close and I new they would snatch it up .I quickly scooped it up, took a close up picture and took the little bird deeper into the woods away from potential danger. As I opened my hand,it flew away, not as good as a usual bird would, but good enough to land into the trees. I guess it must have been young and new to leave the nest. I am happy that I got to get this close to nature!

2 comments:

Grammyof13 said...

I just had to come to the "Eggs in my Pocket" site for country runs deep in my veins. My writing would let you into a secret regret that I did not appreciate the farm while I was there.
I'll come back and visit again.

Doris-grammyof13

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Thanks for dropping by! I was raised in the country and always loved it, moved away, got married, was held prisoner in town(sort of){: and am back to where my roots belong! Come visit me again, blessigs, Kathleen