"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Sunday, January 27, 2008

A beginning

Last year,at an outside flea market, I had the chance to meet a very interesting elderly gentleman who was showing pictures of pine trees and forests in which he had a hand in working in. He travels around the nation, educating groups about planting pine trees. He graciously gave me a bag of pine cone seed and instructed me on how to get them to sprout and grow. Around this same time last year, I proceeded as he instructed and am delighted at my miniature forest in the making. Since that wonderful experience, I stop to grab up any pine cone I find in hopes of gathering the seed inside. So once again, I am planting pine cone seed this year. Along with pumpkins, decorative squash , potted flowers, and my hand work,...(see http://yesteryearembroideries.blogspot.com) I hope to join the local farmer's market this coming summer and hopefully start to sell my small pine trees. I am not sure if I want to sell my young seedlings this year, but maybe wait until they have gotten a year's more growth to them. My only roadblock..... I find it extremely hard to stand in front of people, and I hope I can find enough courage to set up a booth to sell. The folks around this area are friendly and supportive, so I have faith that I will be able to overcome my fears. The weather has kept me inside working with my thread and needle for the past week. This weekend has turned out warm and welcoming and I was able to get my hands into the dirt. I am looking forward to more pleasant days ahead.

No comments: